
Now that Owen is here, he has firmly established himself as the center of the universe. For that reason, and since I can't leave the house, I thought it was time he got his own blog.
He's cooperated long enough to let me set this up, so it should be possible to keep this relatively up to date (right now he's asleep on a pillow in my lap, allowing me the luxury of typing with two hands.)
Currently, Owen wants to eat ALL THE TIME, or at least all the time he's awake. Since he won't sleep for more than 20 minutes at a stretch in his crib, it's basically a non-stop buffet. The good news: he only wakes up once or twice at night. Compared with the mind-warping sleep-deprivation I've experienced with the other three, this is a welcome trade-off.
A sincere thank you to everyone who ever told me about swaddling! I velcro him into his little straitjacket every night and it works like a charm. OK, at this point I'm bringing him into bed with me the first time he wakes up, but this is mainly due to my C-section: I just can't get in and out of bed three times without feeling like I'm being stabbed. Hopefully I can start popping him back in his crib after nighttime feedings in a week or two (we'll see.)
For my next post I'm hoping to write up a detailed account of Owen's birth story. I never expected to give birth overseas, and it was definitely different. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment