Monday, June 2, 2008

More alert every day



Every day Owen seems to be a little more alert. Today he even sat in his bouncy chair for a few minutes while Maria and I talked to him--it probably helped that I put a battery in so the vibrating function would work. He seemed to find it pretty entertaining.


One thing that doesn't work: our baby monitor. We have one, but it picks up some sort of interference that I suspect comes from the construction site next door. Since that construction project has been there as long as we've lived in Bangkok--nearly two years now!--I don't have much hope they'll finish up soon. In the meantime, I run to check on Owen every five minutes or so and about half the time find him screaming his head off. Let's hope there's no long term psychological damage.


Maria is definitely adjusting to having Owen around, and her initial emotional outbursts have tapered off. She's growing up, but just like her older brothers at this age, that means she's also refusing to take a nap. Not even Tukkie, who used to have the magic touch, can convince her to go to sleep in the afternoon these days. I wouldn't mind, but whenever I'm sitting on the couch with Owen, she now insists that I read her the same books over and over until I think I'm going to lose my mind. It's good quality bonding time, I suppose, but I'm still really hoping she'll cave in and take a nap sometime this week!


No comments: