
Owen is now averaging eight or nine hours of sleep a night, with only one wake-up for binky reinsertion and no night feedings at all. I would never have believed it was possible, but it's absolutely wonderful. I'm putting him down at the same time every night in the hopes that the magic will last--hopefully forever.
Unfortunately, he now seriously dislikes the swing that once kept him blissfully asleep for a couple of hours at a time. He starts fussing the minute I put him in and usually quickly escalates to screaming until I take him out. Every once in a while he'll doze off for a little while, but not for long. Probably he's just not that sleepy any more what with his nightly sleep marathons, and a 20 minute cat nap here and there does the trick. It just makes it a little problematic to get things done (like my job.)

Meanwhile, Joey and Maria seem to be taking turns showing up in our bed in the middle of the night. In Joey's case, I think it's the long, boring summer break causing him to regress a little. Everyone will be much happier next week when school starts. Well, at least I will.

1 comment:
Sleeping through the night?! Jasper still hasn't done that (I can't believe I'm admitting that). Really, that's awesome (grumble, grumble).
Post a Comment