Thursday, August 21, 2008

Uh-oh

Maria has thrown up twice this afternoon--the first time a spectacular, Exorcist-like spew all over our couch (yet another reason I'm happy we don't actually own this furniture.) Poor baby. She's so tired and clearly feels so awful, but I still have to focus on Owen when he's hungry. Right now she's asleep in the recliner, a plastic bucket strategically located nearby.

If the boys come down with this.... I don't even want to think about it.

In the meantime, I'm trying to focus on the one bright spot of the week, the utterly amazing thing that happened the other day. Owen was sleepy and fussy, and I thought I'd try to nurse him, but Maria had just filled her diaper with an incredibly stinky load and wanted me to change her IMMEDIATELY (I can't really blame her.) So I plopped Owen in his crib with his binky in his mouth, and left to take care of it. When I came back several minutes later, expecting to find a screaming, irate baby---he was asleep. Asleep! He had gone to sleep all by himself! I swear, if he didn't look exactly like Joey I'd think we took the wrong baby home from the hospital.

3 comments:

Emma and Mommy said...

How's Maria doing now?

Movie Passenger said...

Much better--she's still a little tired and droopy, but she hasn't thrown up again since that one awful day. No one else has had any problems so far, thank goodness.

erika said...

Poor Maria. I'm glad she's a bit better now.

Owen really gives me hope. Keep it up big man!